Steve Attard, is the managing director of AgriTech Solutions. Over the past 25 years he has accumulated a range of skills and expertise in the agricultural sector, including:
- Irrigation management – scheduling, soil moisture monitoring, energy and water use efficiency, performance assessment and optimisation
- Sugarcane cropping systems – nutrient planning, crop rotations, fallow management
- Productivity – assessment of production, trend analysis
- Natural resource management – management practices that maximise productivity and profitability whilst minimising off-site impacts
- Government and industry liaison
- Education and training
Before establishing AgriTech Solutions, Steve worked for CSIRO in Ayr for 17 years. Steve’s research area centred on sugarcane cropping systems with a focus on water and nutrient management and natural resource management. Steve’s areas of expertise include improving the efficiency of irrigation systems including furrow, overhead low pressure and drip irrigation, maximising productivity through improved irrigation scheduling , reducing risk of nutrient losses through improved irrigation management and improving productivity where irrigation supplies are limited.